Home » Composition Reflection

Composition Reflection

Karrissa Sealey                                                                                       11/26/21

Reflection

The first genre I chose to help me further elaborate on Progressivism and the discrimination faced due to the lack of it was “Anthology”. The reason anthology was chosen was because it’s known as a collection of writing or poems. With it, I thought that I’d be able to compile different types of discrimination that people have faced, along with being able to show how it happens to people everywhere. I also thought that it would be good to show how many people have written or spoken about this topic which shows how serious it really is. The second genre I chose after changing my mind about 100 times was “short story”. I thought that creating a short story myself would make the genre feel a bit more intimate while still discussing discrimination.  The intended audiences for both genres were the ones who are facing discrimination and their family members/friends who lack awareness of it and those in a position of power and are able to do something about the discrimination people are facing. I determined the audience by looking at the issues that the lack of progressivism has left us with such as discrimination, racism, poverty, etc. What sets my compositions apart is the fact that one came from me which means that it’s a bit more intimate in a way while the other comes from different people who have suffered, witnessed or experienced discrimination.